Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Believing Jesus was Successful is Cultish?

Today when I mentioned that "all will eventually be reconciled to God", it was suggested, by a very sincere, mature and generous Christian, that I was in a cult.
How about that?
I believe that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, not just a few.

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 
[1 John 2 : 2  NIV]

For there is one God, and there is one who brings God and human beings together, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself to redeem the whole human race. 
That was the proof at the right time that God wants everyone to be saved.
[1 Timothy 2 : 5 - 6  GNT]

I believe that God is the Saviour of the world, all of it.

That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.
[1 Timothy 4 : 10  NIV]

I believe that God will bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth

God did what he had purposed, and made known to us the secret plan he had already decided to complete by means of Christ. 
This plan, which God will complete when the time is right, is to bring all creation together, everything in heaven and on earth, with Christ as head.
[Ephesians 1 : 9 - 10  GNT]

I believe that God is sovereign and will complete his plan to save the world.

Remember the things I have done in the past.
For I alone am God!
I am God, and there is none like me.
Only I can tell you the future before it even happens.
Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish. 
I will call a swift bird of prey from the east—
    a leader from a distant land to come and do my bidding.
I have said what I would do, and I will do it. 
[Isaiah 46 : 9 - 11  NLT]

Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.
[Psalm 115 : 3  NIV]

I believe God's will must prevail over anyone's will to the contrary.

People may plan all kinds of things, but the Lord's will is going to be done.
[Proverbs 19 : 21  NIV]

If that qualifies me to belong to a cult, then I suggest that many more should join it.

Another curious comment was made, "This view takes the joy out of being a Christian".
Really? 
It might take the smugness out of being a Christian, but the joy?

I am thrilled, overjoyed, that I worship a God who can, and will, do all of the above.
And I serve a risen Lord who has enabled it to happen - and has included me in it.

Blessings, Barry
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other published Writings at https://www.ibtechservices.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

All relevant comments are most welcome. However, please express any disagreement you might have without being disagreeable and with grace towards those who might not hold your point of view.