Thursday, August 29, 2024

Second Edition Appendix

 I have finally begun work on the second (expanded) edition of the book "The Really Good News About God".
The first edition was published in August 2015 and I am hoping to publish the second edition in August 2025, the tenth anniversary of the first.

The expanded version will contain several appendices, one of which will be a response to the most common objections offered by ministers and other Bible students to the theme of the book; God's plan to reconcile the whole world to Himself.
Again, as in the book, I have used a predominantly Bible-focused response and I have chosen to address a selection of objections that also claim to be Bible-based.

A draft copy of this response is in the Downloads section of the website,  https://www.ibtechservices.com.au, and I invite comments/critiques to my response from readers of the BLOG.
These may be of two types.
1. Criticism of one or more of my individual responses,
2. The offering of further objections to the theme of the book that I should consider in a response of this sort.
I look forward to any gracious exchange of ideas these responses/critiques might create, as I have an insatiable thirst for truth, and exploring the Bible with input from others helps me fine-tune, and sometimes correct, my current ideas.

Blessings, Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment

All relevant comments are most welcome. However, please express any disagreement you might have without being disagreeable and with grace towards those who might not hold your point of view.