Saturday, February 1, 2020

Opposition to Universal Reconciliation - Explanation

I'm taking a pause in my responses to Dr Arnold's opposition to God's plan to eventually reconcile and save all His creation to explain my motivation in writing these posts.

As regular readers would know, I frequently write posts explaining and advocating God's plan to eventually save all His people.
And I will continue to do so.

But recently I have been reading books and articles written by pastors and theologians who don't believe God will be that successful, so you will also see some responses to those writings from time to time.
Naturally my responses will attempt to expose the weaknesses in the arguments being offered and may sound quite critical of them.

However, I trust my responses will not convey any criticism of the author whose writings I am critiquing - I definitely have no intention of attacking him or her personally.
Indeed, I hope I never fall for the trap of criticising or belittling a fellow believer just because I hold a different point of view on some subject.

In the current mini-series addressing Dr Arnold's article, let me assure my readers that I am not criticising or attacking Dr Arnold.
As I stated in my opening post in this mini-series, here Dr Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum (Dr Arnold) is a brilliant Messianic Jewish theologian living in USA whom I respect and whose expertise in the Scriptures, particularly regarding Israel's past, present and future, is outstanding, and I am learning so much from his written and video publications.
You can access them directly at www.ariel.org.

However, I do not agree with his opposition to God's plan to eventually reconcile and save all His creation, a position I find promised over and over in a correctly translated Bible and discussed in my book "The Really Good News About God" published in 2015.

Although Dr Arnold's opposition to God's plan of universal reconciliation fills only 2 pages of an 18 page study called "The Intermediate State Between Death and Resurrection", my response has become quite extensive (9 posts to date with probably 5 more to go) because his opposition piece contains a large number of (briefly-stated) opinions.

I felt each of these opinions needed a fairly comprehensive response containing Biblical and/or logical and philosophical arguments to demonstrate why I hold a different view to a theologian of such standing,

In summary, most of my posts will be positive and advocate and show Biblical support for God's plan to reconcile and save the world, but some will be negative and critique the writings of those who believe God will not achieve that outcome.
I trust you can enjoy and appreciate both types of posts.

Blessings, Barry

(Response to Universal Reconciliation Opposition - Part 10 coming soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All relevant comments are most welcome. However, please express any disagreement you might have without being disagreeable and with grace towards those who might not hold your point of view.