Thursday, October 21, 2010

Timetable for the Book

Hi Guys and Gals
Since my aborted church-sitting exercise I have spent many hours in Bible study and seeking guidance for the future.  As a result, I have made some adjustments to my plans and, as I reported in a recent post, I will become more focused on getting "the book" done in a much shorter time-frame.

Indeed I have now decided to write three books.
The Really Good News, Book 1, God Plans to Save the World.  This describes how and when God will restore everything and have all His creation move into eternity with Him.
The Really Good News, Book 2, Government Secrets Revealed.  This describes the Bible and how to read it so that God's purpose and plans can be correctly understood.
The Really Good News, Book 3, Government Positions Available.  This describes the qualifications and job description of those who will govern with Christ in the kingdom age.

Book 1 has almost two chapters written since my journey north.  I have become very determined to get this done.

The website I was planning will be developed in a different way and in a different order than first thought.  I am writing the books in an informal style for the average reader, with little theology included.  A 'Notes and References' section at the back of each book will include links to web-pages on the website which will develop the ideas in the books more formally/theologically, explain contentious points, explain opposing views and their deficiencies, etc. for those who want to study at a deeper level.

I am setting target dates for one book (and its corresponding web-pages) to be completed per year  On this basis, the trilogy should be completed during 2012.

To lighten up the books for general readership, I want to include cartoons throughout and have plenty of white space on each page.  I feel I have "seen" the final result.

As always any feedback is most welcome.  Barry

3 comments:

  1. Hi Barry

    Just heard a sermon preached on Grieving the Holy Spirit, and I want to start some discussion with you and your blog community about the following questions if I may. I am guessing the the below questions cover much scope - but here goes anyhow.

    1. What exactly is the "Unforgivable Sin"?
    2. Is the Holy Spirit grieved by those who are unsaved (when they sin) in the same way that He is grieved by us who call ourselves Christians (when we sin)?
    3. And if 2 is yes then can we say the Holy Spirit indwells in as ALL, and salvation (or the sinner prayer) is an acknowledgement of his indwelling.

    It is my hunch that 3 is true and has been true since Christ resurection.

    4. and finally, it is also my hunch that this "grieving" is the thing that Jesus most dreaded on the mount of olives when He asked His Father to take His cup if possible. The tourture and crucifiction was horrendous, but spiritually living within 9 billion sinning people until they are pure sounds even worse for HIM.

    what do you think?
    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry - should have popsted this under "What is Judgement"

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenn
    Good questions mate. I will start a new post with them so that discussion on them doesn't get lost in the comments section of another post. Look for a new post called "Grieving the Holy Spirit." I will toss in some thoughts before the week is over; trust others can do the same.
    Thanks mate.

    ReplyDelete

All relevant comments are most welcome. However, please express any disagreement you might have without being disagreeable and with grace towards those who might not hold your point of view.