Monday, April 30, 2012

Lord May I Be Like You

Here is a prayer I bumped into in my devotions time this morning.
It was in the "Power for Life Bible" published by "The Crystal Cathedral."

I thought it was so powerful, I wanted to share it with you.
Be blessed.  Barry

Lord God, Almighty, Creator,
As my heavenly Father, you knew me
    Before I was born.
You knit me into the person you love
    And wanted me to be.
   
Help me to accept and, yes, even love
    The person you created - me.
When I wish I were more or less than I am,
    Help me to treat me the way you do -
    With love and care and pleasure.
   
Give me the grace to see me
    Through your eyes . . .
    A father's eyes that see . . .
        A special order design . . .
        A child made in your image . . .
        Someone made to look
        And be just like you!

Awaken in me the ability to appreciate
All the good you have created in me.
Increase my confidence and courage
To go out and help others
        To see themselves . . .
        As unique, amazing children of God!
       
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. There is a lot in this prayer Barry. Thanks for sharing it.

    Cheers,
    Rog

    ReplyDelete

All relevant comments are most welcome. However, please express any disagreement you might have without being disagreeable and with grace towards those who might not hold your point of view.